1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

2 hubs with the same server in both

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by cuddylier, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuddylier

cuddylier New Member

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 different hub servers, both with completely seperate servers and on different lilypad instances, to have one of the servers in each hub the same, so basically 2 lilypad instances sharing one server and then the other servers in each are not shared.

Anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible?

cuddylier
  2. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

You are required to make use of LilyPad distributed instances to accomplish this.
  3. cuddylier

cuddylier New Member

Is there any documentation on how to do this?
  4. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Not at this time, but you can give a swing at it. The projects you need are Server-Standalone-Connect, Server-Standalone-Proxy, and Server-Standalone-Query. Plese be aware that you can NOT use AllInOne if you are going distributed.
  5. cuddylier

cuddylier New Member

I need to have an idea on how it would generally work first to give it a swing :p
  6. CMonster95

CMonster95 New Member

I would recommend by starting with the AllInOne server package, and then poking around with the config. Make sure that you are familiar without how to launch java classes/jars with the command-line, and then download the distributed instances and try it out. I haven't tried it myself (we're using the AIO version for now) and so I'm shooting in the dark, but try comparing the sources for AIO and the three, see in what order they fire, and set them up accordingly.

I hope documentation comes out soon. I would help, but I don't know the software in and out well enough to write it. I know you're busy with stuff Coelho, and Fuzzlr... well Fuzzlr is probably too busy juggling tennis and League of Legends to give this a second thought. Sorry :p
  7. Daniel

Daniel New Member

It's actually quite easy to do once you get your head around lilypad itself. (Which took me a while)

My setup has two rotating connection points. So on one server I have Query/Proxy, and on the other Query/Proxy/Connect. I did this with plans to make two hub server instances, but I haven't yet. I don't have enough players for it to benefit.

Like Robert said to me, you have to throw out all previous knowledge for Bungee. It's not even remotely similar in structure.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Marked as solved and locked

Please open a new topic for further questions
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.