1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

An official Lily command

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Matt, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Hello,

Would it be handy if /aboutlily or whatever is possible? So like you can see the version/buid of LilyPad that the server is using. Just like the /about command.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

I believe this needs to be added, and also some credit to you @Coelho , and all the work you have put in the project. I don't know if /aboutlily would be the best command. Maybe /lily or /lilybad, maybe even bother. Where it states the version and what it is.
  3. Matt

4. jordanzilla02

jordanzilla02 New Member

@Matt Thanks I just didn't understand your idea fully at first, now I understand. This would be extremely helpful for finding bugs and version updating. I believe I just had some more details in my post but maybe some other information could also be included in this(amount of servers, maybe for admins server IP, etc).
  5. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

For your Amount of Servers, some people don't want that, that is why their is plugins for it. And second, you wouldn't want your admins to have the IP, plus they wouldn't be able to join through it.
  6. Matt

@Coelho Will you also implement this?
  7. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Not sure how I think about this yet.
  8. Matt

If I may give an argument, its easier for people to give their LilyPad setup info for on the forums. We mostly need to ask which versions they use, this command will give them a nice overview of their versions :)
  9. Chamunks

Chamunks New Member

If you're going to do this maybe just add it as an API function because I don't want to have to block this. No one needs to know what version I'm using. It would probably serve better as either A: a console only command or B: an API function or even C: Both A+B but revealing to people in servers what version you're running poses security risks.
  10. Matt

I like the console only command. Butbwe can use Permissions for the command ;)