1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Basic Lilypad Questions

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Expo, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Expo

Expo New Member

I have a few questions about lilypad as I am rather new to it. I would very much appreciate answers.

1. My current single server is in online mode, what will happen to everyone's UUIDS when lilypad makes it offline? Basically, I have one spigot server and want to form a network so I am wondering how this will work.

2. Lilypad vs Bungeecord, which is less CPU intensive or are they similar in comparison?

3. What are the most popular used lilypad plugins? Any suggestions?

4. How would one create multiple lilypad proxies?

5. Does lilypad support multiple machines for said proxies? ^

As said above, I would appreciate answers. I am very happy with the lilypad community so far!
  2. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

1. If you look on the Bukkit/Spigot server when a player joins, You indeed see a offline-mode UUID. But a plugin in that server will get the real UUID.

2. Not sure.

3. LilyEssentials is one of the most useful plugins. Including Global online list, global chat, finding players.

4. Can you be more clear about this question?

5. Yes it does :)
  3. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Quick question about the first question to build off of. I am not that familiar with the whole UUID thing with minecraft yet, but wouldn't it not matter if you are using LilyPad, due to the fact that it is still in online mode? Than you say a plugin to get the real UUID, would something like this have to edit the player.dat, or how would that work with other plugins looking for the UUID?
  4. Matt

Bukkit itself will get the correct UUID. If a Bukkit plugin can do it, Bukkit itself has to do it. You don't have to edit anything.

With other plugins its just easy to get the UUID:
    Code (java):
    Player player = event.getPlayer(); //Not required to use this method.

player.getUniqueID().toString(). //This will give the output with - between every * numbers it.

/* To get the UUID without a dash between some numbers, use:*/
    player.getUniqueID().toString().replace("-", "");
  5. Expo

Expo New Member

I already have player files(renamed playerdata in 1.7.9) with UUIDS and such so turning it to offline will be fine? I do not want any problems when I add lilypad.

As for #4, I mean is there a way to add 2 or more lilpyad proxies. As in when you join you either get put on proxy 1 or proxy 2 which leads to other bukkit servers.

Lilypad works on all operating systems right? Just want to make sure as I only see Centos tutorials.
  6. Matt

You dont have to put your Bukkit server offline..

It is possible yes. But there is no reason for if you don't have a big server with lots of players ;)

Yes LilyPad works on all VPS or Dedicated Operation Systems. We used CentOS to explain as it is one of the most used operation systems :p
  7. Expo

Expo New Member

Well lilypad turns it offline automatically as far as I know right?
    Once I experiment a bit more I could make an Ubuntu tutorial as that would be pretty useful.

I will probably never have to worry about multiple proxies, but I am glad it is possible.
  8. Matt

Yes it does, but Bukkit will get the right UUID. As it isn't offline by itself (you haven't set it to offline mode in the config).

I would love it to see your documentation :)