1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Can I run it?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TheGamesHawk2001, Jul 10, 2014.

1. TheGamesHawk2001

TheGamesHawk2001 New Member

I was wondering whether my PC can run a good Lilypad server, I will be having 3/7 servers up @ 1 time, my upload speed is 12.18 Mbits/sec ,, download speed is 30.98 Mbits/sec & My ram in Megabytes is 16384 (16 gigs)
  2. charries96

charries96 New Member

Upload speed is 1.5225MB/s, download is 3.8725MB/s
    I wouldn't say you can run a server with exceptional performance, however you should be able to run a fairly basic server. If you plan on having 3 servers up then depending on how much RAM they'll be using you may want to leave your computer whilst they're up. I'd highly suggest investing in a VPS or dedicated server to host the servers.
  3. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

LilyPad is a very light weight software, yes you could run it on your PC with some other servers(depending on the size of them), though it would not be the ideal setup.

EDIT:
    Damn @charries96 ! Posted a few seconds before. His suggestion's would be the best though, you should look into buying a VPS or a dedicated server.
  4. TheGamesHawk2001

TheGamesHawk2001 New Member

Im planning to have a decent server with about 40 players on it (Not all on 1 server but across the network) http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/ I also did that & it said i cud host 35/40 players
  5. charries96

charries96 New Member

Is that website referring to vanilla or Bukkit? Bukkit (and subsequent Bukkit-mods) require more memory than the standard server package.