1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

[Connect] Connection timed out while keying, retrying [ERROR]

Discussion in 'Support' started by Daniel_, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Hi,
    I have SpigotMC for my backend servers, however, my GoLilyPad isn't working.
    This is the error:
    [21:21:21 INFO]: [Connect] Connection timed out while keying, retrying
    It's annoying me so much, I tried changing versions. I'm using the latest Version for SpigotMC.

Configs:

Versions:
    Spigot Version: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-1551 (MC: 1.7.10) (Implementing API version 1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    Bukkit-Connect Version: I don't know but I downloaded this -
    http://ci.lilypadmc.com/job/Bukkit-Connect/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Bukkit-Connect.jar

Notice : I removed the passwords, and usernames due to security.
    Notice 2: I'm running a Dedicated Server for my backends, and a DDoS protected VPS for my front end, where LilyPad is being runned.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please post here.

Lastly, how do I add a server-icon to my server on LilyPad?

EDIT 1: Yes, I checked if my passwords' and usernames' match, they do.
    EDIT 2: I'm using a DDoS protected VPS to host LilyPad, btw.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

There are a few other threads that have been solved that have the same exact error, http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/strange-username-password-bug.395/#post-3178 and http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/solved-connection-timed-out-while-keying-retriying.350/#post-2734 . There are a few others but those are with JLilyPad.

Can you relate your issue with one of the those two issues? Or do you believe it is something different? Is it only on restart? Does it repeat continually? What is it like in your console? Any information related to that would help.

With this issue, are you sure your running the latest version of the Bukkit-Connect? Build 69?

And referring to the server icon, make your proxy config look like:
    Code (text):
    connect:
      address: 107.191.99.31:5091
      credentials:
        username: MyProxy
        password: MyPassword
    proxy:
      bind: :25565
      routes:
      - domain: ""
        server: MyServer
        icon: icon.png
      locale:
        full: The server seems to be currently full. Try again later!
        offline: The requested server is currently offline. Try again later!
        loggedIn: You seem to be logged in already. Try again later!
        lostConn: Lost connection... Please try to reconnect
        shutdown: The server is being restarted. Please try to reconnect
      motd: A LilyPad Server
      maxPlayers: 250
      authenticate: true

Or if you would like to have multiple icons you can have it set up like this:

connect:
      address: 107.191.99.31:5091
      credentials:
        username: MyProxy
        password: MyPassword
    proxy:
      bind: :25565
      routes:
      - domain: ""
        server: MyServer
        icons:
        - icon1.png
        - icon2.png
      locale:
        full: The server seems to be currently full. Try again later!
        offline: The requested server is currently offline. Try again later!
        loggedIn: You seem to be logged in already. Try again later!
        lostConn: Lost connection... Please try to reconnect
        shutdown: The server is being restarted. Please try to reconnect
      motd: A LilyPad Server
      maxPlayers: 250
      authenticate: true
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Hello, The_Zip.
    Currently, my server is newly setup. I just set it up, so it happened once I start it, it never lets me join my backend servers using the IP 107.191.99.31.
    Also, I'm using the config you just sent me, When I refresh on my server, it says
    "Pinging.."
    then litterly .5 seconds later
    "Can't reach server!"
    And it doesn't load icon.png.

I will try using that version of Bukkit-Connect.
  4. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Updated my build, didn't fix the issue. Also, the issue I stated previously still persists.
  5. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Wait..
    You can still login even when the error: is still there..
    "Pinging.."
    then litterly .5 seconds later
    "Can't reach server!"
    And it doesn't load icon.png.
  6. The_Zip

Can you try to keep all the posts on the same post, helps to be more organized and easier to read and comprehend.

First, starting to read down the list, LilyPad does not allow you to go through your server, you can only connect to them through the proxy once you have it set up. If you have a domain you can set it up to connect to a server through a sub domain, you can read more about that in the configuration guide http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/configuration-guide.594/#post-5016 . Next, when you refresh your server? how are you refreshing your server? Pinging? It would be helpful if you posted your console. And, make sure that your logo is 64*64, if that still doesn't work, can you post your logo on the forums as an attachment clicking the upload a file?
  7. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

When I refresh, I just simply click 'refresh' in minecraft.
    Also, the icon still isn't working, I checked, it's 64x64.
    Icon is attached.
    It's named logo.png in the root of the LilyPad folder.

Attached Files:

8. The_Zip

Is your other issue fixed now? Or are we just working out your server icon issue?

With your server icon, something is messed up about it, I have yet to figure out what it is, how, or why in that matter but it just us. http://thezip.us/daniel.png This logo should work fine, I just tested it and it works.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Only one more issue, the one where you can't connect.
    Yeah, you first the icon problem, and the problem where it says "Can't reach server!"
    Only problem here is that I can't connect to the server, error while joining is:
    The requested server is offline!
    ^ The server is online, it says it's offline for some reason. (The backend servers)
    Also, My backend server's port is 25565, is that fine?
  10. The_Zip

Ok, once again, I am still quite confused on what exactly your saying. Can you try to use complete full explain sentences? It would help me out a lot.

Now, to my understanding the only issue you have left is when you join a server it states that the requested server is offline. You get this error when the specified server in the proxy config isn't online, or doesn't exist. You mention that the server is online, I am assuming that you have looking the console of both the Connect and the server that the Bukkit Connect are in and both are saying that they connected. If this is the case your problem lies in the proxy config, in your original post the 10th line, " server: MyServer". When this is inputed into the config, "1) - domain: "" 2) server: MyServer" you are telling it to send any player that connects to the server named "MyServer". Now, you need to make sure that the server MyServer is case and spelling right, and that it is connected to the connect server. With this, I would STRONGLY recommend you read the configuration guide http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/configuration-guide.594/#post-5016 , it will help you out a lot. If you are still having this issue, post your proxy config, connect config, bukkit connect config, proxy log, connect log, and your servers log.
  11. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Alright, no problem. Do you have skype where we can talk (chat) ?
    I can send you all of the info there, like everything.
  12. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

13. The_Zip

Ok, so I also wanted to see the connect log, but thats ok. I am going to run your setup, so I am going to need your connect's config, proxy's config, bukkit-connects config, the build of spigot your running, and what software you are running on the machine. What this will do will allow me to look at the configs, edit them, and probably find the small mistake somewhere in the configs that I am missing looking at them. If everything checks out, than we can identify it as another plugin running on your server. With this I need you not to hide the username and password so we can both just copy and paste. I don't care if you name it ServerA and the password ServerApassword.

And regarding your proxy's config, once again, I strongly suggest you read the configuration guide http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/configuration-guide.594/#post-5016 . As stated and shown there, on line 9 you don't need the quotes, and you must have the sub domain pointed to the server.
  14. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

15. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

Check your PMs, I sent it.
  16. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

This has been solved, thank you @The_Zip!
  17. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

All I had to do is fix this was by going to my SolusVM panel, I had to set the default IP to the unfiltered one.