1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Hub is down, servers remain up?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Expo, May 16, 2014.

1. Expo

Expo New Member

I know that bungeecoord takes the whole network down when the proxy/hub is offline, does lilypad work the same way? My question may be a bit complicated so I will just break it down below:
    1. If the proxy is down, are the other servers shut down as well?
    2. If the hub(force joined server, called the default server in bungeecoord[the actual MC server], is down, would the other servers close too?

Thanks for any help!
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

To answer your question, when the Proxy goes down, anyone connected to the proxy will be disconnected. Though, if you are using multiple proxy's, only the players connected to the one that went down will be disconnected. The individual servers will not shut down though.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Expo

Expo New Member

Alright thanks. Would it be possible to send the connections from one hub on shutdown/crash to another?
  4. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Unfortunately you can't.

The best solution is to take the necessary steps to make the proxy not go down.