1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

LilyFlux - Lilypad Stats collector

Discussion in 'Development' started by Tzeentchful, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Tzeentchful

Tzeentchful Member Contributor

Hey everyone!
    So I got a bit bored in one of my uni lectures so I wrote a small piece of software that connects to a lilypad cluster and grabs the current player count and puts it into a InfluxDB every 5 seconds. I have made it fully open source and licenced under Apache v2. You can find it on my Github: https://github.com/Tzeentchful/LilyFlux
    Once I figure out how to cross compile on Jenkins ill put it up on my build server so you can download pre-built binaries.

To run you will of course need to have access to a Lilypad cluster and an instance of InfluxDB running.
    Then just start up Lilyflux and let it spawn a config file for you to fill in and you should be good to go.
    Once you have it all running you can then do something useful with the data like graphing it with Grafana
    1 Week:
    [​IMG]
    1 Month:
    [​IMG]
    2 Hours:
    [​IMG]
    My Grafana query:
    [​IMG]

I plan to have it interfacing with a Bukkit plugin to get more detailed metrics on what is happening on the network. Ill get around to it once my workload lightens. If you have any suggestions feel free to contact me or post them here. And feel free to make pull request if you want to contribute to the code base on Github.
    • Like Like x 2