1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Lilypad vs Bungee Large Scale Performance

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by MCProHosting-Matt, Sep 16, 2013.

1. MCProHosting-Matt

MCProHosting-Matt New Member

We're working on launching a large server network for one of our YouTube partners and we are currently in the planning phase for infrastructure.

On an E3-1270v3 a single Bungeecord instance can handle about 1,000 players before it becomes bogged down and cannot perform adequately. Can Lilypad successfully handle more connections than this or will we need to create a daemonized application to sync Bungeecords to support more players?
  2. sgtcaze

sgtcaze Member Resource Contributor

Straight from @Coelho's post here.

Code (text):
    Why should you use LilyPad:
    > LilyPad is fresh, new, and has a ton of functionality for developers to take advantage of. I would rather not compare it directly with BungeeCord, but I can tell you that LilyPad's performance is extremely optimized and it can hold a tremendous amount of players.
    Hope that helps answer your question.
  3. MCProHosting-Matt

That does not give me any hard evidence supporting the claim that it can handle a "tremendous" amount of players, some kids might consider 500 people on their server a lot of people, whereas we're looking for thousands.
  4. sgtcaze

I am hinting that Coelho won't directly compare the two for you. Then again it's up to him to shell out exact numbers, and directly compare the performances of the two.

I would advise against the "kids" notion as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sgtcaze

Perhaps you can visit play.mc-sg.org who holds a concurrent 800 players, and an upwards of 2,000. I've certainly never lagged there.
  6. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

MC-SG runs on LilyPad, holding 2000 players with ease at peak on a single node.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MCProHosting-Matt

Awesome, thanks. We will certainly consider going with LilyPad for our deployment.