1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Invalid Minechat usage?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AdamJonesay, Sep 18, 2013.

1. AdamJonesay

AdamJonesay New Member

Hello,

Though I do not use this app, my players are complaining about the inability to use the Minechat app on my server. I'm assuming this is a lilypad problem since this issue also occurs on MC-SG and other servers using LilyPad. People have reported to me that when they connect via minechat it gets stuck on the loading screen for whatever reason. Minechat is a iOS app. I'm just not sure what to tell my players when they ask when I'm going to fix it, and I can't :(

Thanks,
    Adam Jones
  2. About7Deaths

About7Deaths Member

Not too sure about this one... Any suggestions people?
  3. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It is not possible (yet). I don't know if it ever will become possible.
  4. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

There is another iOS app available that works. This app does not follow the Minecraft protocol.
  5. vbisbest

vbisbest New Member

Hi Ray here, creator of MineChat. We do follow the Minecraft protocol so I am not sure what the issue is. Could be a plugin problem. What is the server address and I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks
    Ray
  6. Coelho

I'd love to help you fix this.

The issue is that protocol encryption does not start all at once. LilyPad uses one way encryption, where the connection between the client -> server is encrypted, but server -> client is not. I can give you a better explanation on the opcodes involved soon.
  7. vbisbest

vbisbest New Member

Ya this sounds a bit crazy :). Does this require any client modifications (like FML)? Can you send me a server address that uses it?

Thanks
    Ray
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Coelho

play.mc-sg.org

LilyPad is vanilla.
    • Agree Agree x 1