1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Portals teleporting to certain areas of other server.

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Seshpenguin, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Seshpenguin

Seshpenguin New Member

Hello!
    Im Seshpenguin, and im fairly new here. My server uses LilyPad (Which impresses me quite a bit over Bungeecord), and I was wondering if someone could write a plugin or give me some tips on how I could write it on my own.

Basically I want a plugin that if a player on Server A walks into Portal A for example, it teleports him to Server B, but at certain coords at a certain world, and there is Portal B on Server, that also teleports to Server B, but to a different location on Server B. On my server, I have the minigames hosted on a separate server than Hub, so I have multiple portals on the Hub for each minigame, and each will teleport to a different lobby of the Minigames server.

Like I said, it would be great if anyone of you guys could develop a plugin that could achieve this (And you will get a Dev rank on my server :D), or give me tips on how I could try to create a plugin (which btw im pretty much a noob at bukkit plugins, since I mainly develop forge mods.)
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

3. Seshpenguin

Seshpenguin New Member

4. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

I believe you are looking at this somewhat wrong? or maybe it is me understanding everything a little differently.

For both cases lets dive into a little more detail. You want to have hub, with portals going to different servers. Each portal going to a different server. When you walk through that portal, you want the user to end up at a specified location. Is this correct?
  5. Seshpenguin

Seshpenguin New Member

What im saying is for example, I have 2 servers on my LilyPad network. A hub and a Minigames servers. I will have multiple minigames on the minigame server, aswell as a lobby for each minigame on the minigame server. Lets say we have 3 minigames, Walls, Survival Games, and skyblock.

On the Hub server, there will be 3 portals for each minigame. The portals all link to the same server (the minigame server) but each portal teleports a player to a differnt location on the minigame server. For example, The Walls minigame portal, will teleport to the Minigames server, but at a certain set of coords. The Skyblock portal, again will teleport to the minigames server but at a differnt location than the The Walls portal. The Walls portal on the hub server will teleport to say X:10 Y:50 Z:150, while Skyblock will teleport to the same server as The Walls (The minbigame server), but at a differnt location, since there will be a lobby for each minigame on the Minigame Server.
  6. Amir Omidi

Amir Omidi Member

This is very possible. If you would like I can make this work with a command but not an actual portal.
    If you would like to use a portal, you'd have to use some sort of a command block to execute that command.
  7. Seshpenguin

Seshpenguin New Member

That would be awesome! I will find some way to make a portal that will someone execute the command.
  8. Amir Omidi

Amir Omidi Member