1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Question: Proxy to Local/Remote Servers

Discussion in 'Support' started by Live4Redline, May 22, 2014.

1. Live4Redline

Live4Redline New Member

Ok, so I have lilipad setup running on one machine. I connect to the proxy/hub and then on to my servers that are also running on the same machine, so that's all covered. Can I connect to the proxy/hub like normal, have access to the local servers on the machine, AND also send the player to another remote machines "LiliPad Prep'ed Server"? Can i send them to the other prep'ed server directly or do i have to send them to another proxy (I only ask because I've read threads about multiple proxies.)? Whats the syntax for setting the proxy config file up for remote connecting if you can indeed do it?

I searched through the threads and couldn't find what i was looking for... if i missed it, a link would be fine also, thanks.
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

I am a little confused on what exactly you are asking. But from the sounds of it you want to you domains instead of adding another proxy. You can easily set it up with a config that looks similar to this: If not, can you clarify what you are asking a little more?

Code (text):
    proxy:
      bind: :25565
      routes:
      - domain: ""
        server: server
      - domain: hub.thezip.us
        server: hub
      - domain: servera.thezip.us
        server: servera
  3. Live4Redline

Live4Redline New Member

How would i do something like this...

Obviously, this will not work...
    Code (text):
    proxy:
      bind: :25565
      routes:
      - domain: ""
      - domain: hub.thezip.us
      - domain: fac.thezip.us
        server: faction
      - domain: servera.thezip.us
        server: 71.101.61.231:25580:servera
    The proxy, hub, and faction servers are all run locally and the servera is run on another machine. I want the proxy/hub to link to a server not being run on the same machine as the proxy/hub.
  4. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

All you want to do is connect a server from a different machine??
    You would do the same thing that you did with connecting you server that's on the same thing. Just put the IP where you put the localhost in the bukkit connect config.

If this didn't answer you question post both of your configs and I will edit/explain how to do it.
  5. Tzeentchful

Tzeentchful Member Contributor

@Live4Redline As long as the servers on the other machine are authenticated to the connect server. Simply putting the username in will give the correct path, you don't need to have an ip address in the proxy config, it would ruin the point of having the connect server.
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  6. Live4Redline

Live4Redline New Member

Well, I finally figured this out and I appreciate the help. Was thinking about it kind of backwards which threw off my thought process.

I see now the Proxy config is for the redirects and to get the remote server to connect to my hub world and all my other servers i had to edit the LilyPad-Connect config on the remote server and change the "address:" to the real IP of my hub server. I had tested this once before but i changed the port to 25565 and that's wrong. When I thought about it real hard and changed the port back to the default 5091 everything connected up and started working. Changed the address ip for this one file and everything worked out great.

Lilypad is just too easy... i keep over thinking things and making it harder on my self. Servers running great and I've managed to work out every issue I've had with it. Its awesome.