1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Redirect Player With Inventory

Discussion in 'Development' started by DiscFire, May 28, 2014.

1. DiscFire

DiscFire New Member

I want to redirect another player to a server, however when they get on I want them to have the same inventory. How can I do this?
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. DiscFire

DiscFire New Member

How about I just use a MySQL Server? Also, before I set all that up, is there a way to send peices of information between servers? I could do it that way.
  4. Tzeentchful

Tzeentchful Member Contributor

I had a quick conversation with @Coelho about this. The main issue you will encounter will be synchronization.
    Since when a player is transferred to another server they are connected to the other before the leave the one they are currently on. So you can't just save the players inventory when they disconnect since they will technically be on the other server before that event gets called.
    The solution to this is to transfer them to a temporary server, save their inventory then transfer them to their destination.

As for saving the data SQL will be fine. We actually use a NoSQL database to transfer inventories on our network since it is faster and can handle more TPS.