1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Skins not showing up in 1.8

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Shores, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shores

Shores New Member

No, this is not related to the Skin Layers thread! This has nothing to do with using the skin layers feature in 1.8.

I have installed the latest GoLilypad files on my Ubuntu VPS (32bit, using Java 7u67):
    Go-Server-Connect: Latest (#46)
    Go-Server-Proxy: Latest (#108)
    Bukkit-Connect: Latest (#85)
    Spigot: #1649 (with latest patch)

Now, everything is working correctly. The problem, though, is that users on 1.8 cannot see their own skin. They get the Alex skin (or Steve, in some cases). We also can't see other players' skins (it's always Steve). The skins are fine when coming on with 1.7.

The skin server is fine. On other servers, I can see my skin, as well as other's skins on 1.8. This hasn't been a problem in the previous versions of the 1.8 protocol hack.

Here is a screenshot with my debug screen on:
    [​IMG]
  2. Shores

Shores New Member

Let the daily bumping begin!
  3. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

4. Shores

Shores New Member

That didn't work.
  5. Shores

Shores New Member

And if the proxy's off, that just makes me not able to join the server.
  6. Shores

Shores New Member

I don't know why skins are still not working for me if they were "fixed"...
  7. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Try removing the bukkit-connect.jar from one of your bukkit servers, than join it and see if the skins are working.
  8. Shores

Shores New Member

Now I have Steve.
  9. Shores

Shores New Member

I think I just added an older version of Bukkit-Connect back to my server, because I can now see my skin in 1.8, again. I think the problem is caused by the latest version of Bukkit-Connect.

Thank you for helping.
  10. Shores

Shores New Member

Bumping to ask for this thread to be closed. I have resolved my problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.