1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Solved Strange username/password "bug?"

Discussion in 'Support' started by TakeMeNL, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TakeMeNL

TakeMeNL Member Resource Contributor

Ey guys,

First of all, i installed GoLilypad Proxy(#15) Connect(#17), and i don't have any problems at all.
    Except for this one.
    For some kind of reason when the server starts up, it try's to connect but it fails 2 to 5 times.
    Then it connects. This is very strange and doesn't appear to do every server startup.

Any thoughts on this?

Code (text):

[21:34:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (7.293s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    [21:34:23] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Connection timed out while keying, retrying
    [21:34:24] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:25] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:26] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:27] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:28] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:29] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:30] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:31] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:32] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:33] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Invalid username or password, retrying
    [21:34:34] [connect-thread/INFO]: [Connect] Connected to the cloud

2. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

So you get this error, but not on every startup?
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. TakeMeNL

Yeah well let me put it this way.
    I just tested it. of the 5 servers i run 3 of them getting this error first try.
    I restarted the SAME 5 server again and now 2 different server give this error.

So its not constant on every server/startup. I think this is called random :)
    But this the JLilypad i hadn't that issue. since GoLilypad i got this. So something is generating this error.
  4. Matt

Try to reset your username and password and see if this problem is still there.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TakeMeNL

Oke well i changed them, and still have the issue.
    My connect.yml looks like this:

Code (text):

bind: :5091
    logins:
    - username: LILYPAD
      password: **
    - username: main
    - username: classic
    - username: minigames
    - username: mg_sg1
    - username: mg_various
    - username: mg_thewalls
    - username: mg_parkour
    - username: mg_timv1
    - username: mg_hide1
    - username: development

(Passwords are not **.. duh.;))
  6. Matt

How do you host the server? Home, Dedicated, VPS etc..?
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. TakeMeNL

Currently its a home hosted OpenVZ powered machine. Running Lilypad on CentOS6.4 min, and multicraft on another VS.
    Thinking to put Lilypad on the same machine as multicraft. But didn't had time to do so.
    Shouldn't be a problem? Got 1Gb/s connection to my router on top of the server :p
  8. Shawshark

Shawshark Active Member Resource Contributor

I have the same issue with my test network running on my localhost, I don't get it with live network though.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Yeah, same here, I just leave it to the side though, because when it connects everything is fine. But, it only happens on a LocalHost server.
  10. TakeMeNL

Mmm yeah well its not a big problem.
    What i find strange to is that the function .isConnected() returns true while the server is NOT yet connected??

Edit:
    Oké to be clear here.
    .isConnected() returns true when the plugin connects to GoLilypad-connect.
    But is not yet verified to be "logged in".
    Is there some way to tell if the plugin is connected and is successfully logged in into the cloud?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  11. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Oh I know why this happens. You haven't updated your LilyPad-Connect plugin to the latest version I assume?
  12. TakeMeNL

Well that was indeed the problem i think.
    I thought i had the one of the latest versions but not. Latest build works perfect!
    Thanks all
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.