1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

A plugin that lets users direct connect instead of going through the hub

Discussion in 'Requests' started by bcroca, Sep 6, 2013.

1. bcroca

bcroca New Member

Hello i have been setting up a few servers on a network and would like those server to be able to direct connect using their own ip and not have to go through the hub. How would i do this? If a custom plugin needs to be made would you be able to code this for me? Thanks
  2. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

Yes, this is possible. If you mean pvp.your-domain.com, etc etc, it is possible in the domains area of the alllinone.conf.

If you look closely, you should see that "*" forwards to "hub", or whatever server you want it to. You need to add another server for each domain, ex "pvp.your-domain.com" and then "pvp". It should be very simple. @bcroca
  3. bcroca

bcroca New Member

im kinda confused at what your saying
  4. boboman13

Can you post your config? I'll make it for you.
  5. bcroca

bcroca New Member

sent you a pm of a bit of the config if you need more tell me
  6. About7Deaths

About7Deaths Member

If you are using a shared host, doing this makes you more vulnerable to ddos attacks. Also, if bobomans method doesn't work, I have a workaround.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. boboman13

@About7Deaths how does it make it more vulnerable? I rarely ever get attacked, but I'd like to be prepared ;)
  8. joehot200

joehot200 New Member

I'm guessing it exposes the backend IP's? not sure.
  9. About7Deaths

About7Deaths Member

If you want users to be able to connect to servers directly on a shared host they no which IPs to attack and which machines. But with just a proxy and some random machine there is no way for them to get the IP besides the proxy making it extremely difficult to attack. On a dedicated server it is all the same machine so your screwed either way.
  10. TheShadbusher

TheShadbusher New Member

How would I do this using GoLilyPad?
  11. boboman13

Haven't looked at the configuration files, but it should be the same, except its in YAML this time.
  12. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

You should use domain routing or the creation of multiple proxies.