1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Can someone help me installing Oracle Java 7 on CentOS?

Discussion in 'Other' started by boboman13, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

Can someone help me? I haven't been running LilyPad for a really long time since I haven't been able to install the right version of Java, and even when I tried using Matt's tutorial it doesn't work. Please help? :)
  2. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

If you go to oracle's website you can find an RPM for Oracle Java. Then just use
    Code (text):

rpm -i <filename>

... to install it.
  3. sgtcaze

sgtcaze Member Resource Contributor

How about

Code (text):
    yum install java7
  4. boboman13

@sgtcaze that isn't working for me, I uninstalled Java then tried that, worked fine until I tried using a java command - java is not registered xP

@Coelho trying that right now, uploading at 10% :p
  5. sgtcaze

sgtcaze Member Resource Contributor

@boboman13 That's strange. That command has worked for me on lots of vps hosts, dedicated machines etc.
  6. boboman13

I just got the server-jre-7u25-linux-x64.tar.gz into my server, so I tried unzipping it but now I can't find the .rpm file. Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Wait nevermind! Fixed it! Thank you guys for the help! If someone wants to close this they can. After unzipping the file, I just renamed it to the old Java installation which kept the old Java config file ok! Thanks for the help :D
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  7. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Marked as solved and locked

Please open a new topic for further questions
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.