1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Connection Lost - Timeout

Discussion in 'Support' started by sfxworks, Aug 17, 2014.

1. sfxworks

sfxworks New Member

Followed the tutorial to the dot...

[​IMG]

I keep getting read timeouts. I have a proxy server and a bukkit connect server up on the same vps. Then I have a test minecraft server on a different vps.

There's me (the one on the left) trying to connect to the bukkit connect server (not the actual bukkit server).

[​IMG]

It shows it's availability but causes a read timeout when I'm trying to connect.

[​IMG]

My configuration...
    connect.yml on top, proxy.yml on bottom
    bukkit server.yml on right

I really hope they can connect across different servers...It would really defeat the purpose...[ie one is too busy]

Info:
    Bukkit MC v 1.7.9 R0.1
    Go-Server-Connect #33
    Go-Server-Proxy #80
    Bukkit-Connect v71

Edit:

Tried
    Code (text):

- domain: "162.243.27.50" (the ip of the minecraft server)
        server: hub

Got "The requested server is currently offline. Try again later!"

:/
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

With your edit, you will need the original version of your proxy.yml not that.

And to clarify things, all of your server connected your seeing the message connected to cloud or authorized to remote host in your bukkit server or your proxy. Than they just set there and not lose connection. Though, when you join the server you get a time out error, and you see nothing in the log of your hub that no one joined it.

What software are you running on these machines?
  3. sfxworks

sfxworks New Member

Top = Proxy/Connect
    Bottom = Bukkit server
    Also running mysql on the top one.

[​IMG]

Edit:

Gave it java 7. Same results. Timeouts...
  4. flamin_scotsman

flamin_scotsman New Member

The connect server allows only a single server - be it proxy, minecraft server or homespun - to authenticate per username. Use a separate username/password pair for each thing you attach to the connect server and the connection refused errors will go away.
  5. sfxworks

sfxworks New Member

I'm already doing that unfortunately. I have a different set for each one. I'm getting time-out errors. Not refusals.

Edit: ignore the "connection refused" spam as the other 2 servers were being launched.

It connected to the cloud just fine.
  6. Superfuzzy

Superfuzzy Member

It's a bug in the current LilyPad version - this bug only exists on Windows.
    I've already told Coelho about it and he told me he'll look into that.
    Click here to go to the other Thread.
  7. The_Zip

I was originally thinking that too @Superfuzzy. Though as Coelho did state earlier in that thread he had it working fine on Linux, and as I stated I have it working fine on OSX. That is why I asked him what software he is running on his VPS. I must have not been clear, I mean for example CentOS, Ubunto, Debian, ext.. ?
  8. Superfuzzy

Superfuzzy Member

Haha I'm so sorry :oops:
    I looked at the background and totally skipped that he is running it on a root...

But yet my Problem still exists (even with the new latest versions).. do you think I should make an own Thread about that?
  9. sfxworks

sfxworks New Member

One is centOS 6, one is centOS 7. Both currently running java 7. (see screen shot)
  10. flamin_scotsman

Quick clarification - are you running craftbukkit or spigot? The new lilypad json protocol (currently?) requires spigot due to a limit on the size of the initial handshake packet imposed by craftbukkit
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Superfuzzy

Superfuzzy Member

Ah that would explain why it's not working for me.. I'm using the latest CraftBukkit. I'll try it with spigot and post the result here. Ty.

EDIT: I can confirm that it works with Spigot but I still hope that this gets fixed

@flamin_scotsman do you know if Coelho is aware of that Problem?
  12. flamin_scotsman

He was discussing it in IRC, and possible ways to work around it.
  13. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Ah yeah. There is currently an issue with CraftBukkit servers on the latest version of LilyPad which is causing them to not be able to properly connect. It seems to not print anything out in console.

This is fixed by using Spigot for now. I'll find a permanent fix for CraftBukkit soon.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. sfxworks

sfxworks New Member

Thanks. Just need to do some testing. Should I use an older version for now or would I get different results in testing?
  15. The_Zip

If your ok with using Spigot, which I don't know why you wouldn't be, just use that with the latest version. Though, if you want to use CraftBukkit just use an older version, there is nothing wrong with it.