1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Direct Player from Bukkit Plugin to IP

Discussion in 'Development' started by Keenan Thompson, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Keenan Thompson

Keenan Thompson New Member

I'm wondering if it is possible to direct a player from a server (using a Bukkit plugin with the Connect API) to another server using just the IP and port. Since I run tons of HG, SG and Walls servers, this is kind of necessary for me. I am currently able to do this with BungeeCord using a plugin message event.

I haven't looked into Lilypad that much, but all I've heard is good things about it. I would like to compare its performance against BungeeCord on my server.
  2. Keenan Thompson

3. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

There's a lot of ways to do this, and some of them require to develop a little bit, but you'll find in the long run it's simple to just put the Bukkit-Connect plugin in the plugins folder. If it's difficult, you can symlink the file from a different directory to allow for easy updates.

There's a lot of reasons to require a plugin, but here's a few:
    • Easy and more quality development.
    • Instant migration to other servers without updating IPs.
    • Not requiring any additional configuration in CraftBukkit (connection-throttle, offline-mode)
    • and a couple more I can't remember.
    If you really want to do otherwise, there are some creative ways to do it as I said, but they all require development.

And lastly, for now you have to define each username, but for convenience towards larger servers you will be able to create usernames in the configuration as regexs in an upcoming patch.
  4. Keenan Thompson

Alright, I think I could manage without the PluginMessage feature in BungeeCord. Just another question for anyone, how many players could a LilyPad AllInOne server setup hold? I will be running the proxy on an E3-1230v2 and am deciding if I will need to use the distributed cloud setup. My server reaches no more than 1800 lately and bottoms out at 600-800.

I have a feeling I'll need the cloud system...
  5. Coelho

LilyPad can hold up to 5000 players on an e3-1230, so you should have no issues.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Keenan Thompson

Nice. I was trying to setup AllInOne today and was half successful. I was able to join the server and direct players to the lobby/hub Minecraft server. The issues occurred when I installed the portal and portal command plugin, when I typed /server sg02 it would do nothing (no chat messages or error messages anywhere). I tried turning off the sg02 server and when I tried the command again, it said the server was offline, as expected. I was also able to set sg02 as the default server (* goes to sg02) and this worked, but this time I couldn't use the portals to direct players to the hub/lobby server (same issue).

So switching servers appears to do nothing with my setup...
  7. TakeMeNL

TakeMeNL Member Resource Contributor

The portal-command has a config file you need to edit to allow more servers.
    This is different from the BungeeCord setup/plugin when /server <name> will try to find a server with that name and then connect to it.
    Code (text):
    quick-commands: true
    allowed-servers:
    - lobby
    - sg1
    - sg2
    - walls1
    - walls2
      allowed-servers: '&fYou can connect to the following servers: {servers}'
      server: '&6{name}&f'

8. Keenan Thompson

Yeah, I have the sg02 server in the list of allowed-servers when I have this issue.
  9. Coelho

If the sending server has both LilyPad-Portal and LilyPad-PortalCommand installed, the recipient must have both too.

This should be fixed in a later patch.