1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

GoLilyPad Authentification system

Discussion in 'Support' started by DevConsol, Mar 9, 2015.

1. DevConsol

DevConsol New Member

Hello guys, I hope anyone can help me. My servers are using our own authentication system based on the official one by mojang. The problem is that we want to use lilypad, but it supports only the official authentication. We tried to turn it off in the proxy config, but it allows to connect everyone in spite of lobby server and others using our auth. Can we configure it somehow?
  2. Tzeentchful

Tzeentchful Member Contributor

your question isn't quite clear but I'm guessing that you are running you server in offline mode. I do believe Lilypad supports that but I'm not too sure how well it supports it. Lilypad's offline mode is mostly there for testing purposes. Are you having any more specific problems?
  3. DevConsol

DevConsol New Member

I am runnig my server in online mode, but both server and client are connected to our database of players instead of mojang's. The problem is that GoLilyPad proxy (in online mode) allows players to join with official launcher, but doesn't allow players to join with our own launcher using our own auth system. In offline mode GoLilyPad lets all players join (licensed launcher, our launcher, pirate version, everyone). We need GoLilyPad to authorize players with our auth system only. I think that directely connect to lobby, not from a proxy, can solve that issue, how can we turn off "only proxy join" option?
  4. Tzeentchful

Tzeentchful Member Contributor

What you are wanting to do is in no way supported by Lilypad, or Mojang for that matter.
    And by the sounds of it, you don't seem to understand how a proxy architecture works. By letting player connecting directly to the hub server absolutely ruins the point of having lilypad.
    The only way you are going to get Lilypad to work the way you want to is to modify the source of the proxy server to use your authentication system.