1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Solved Help LilypadMc on Mac

Discussion in 'Support' started by oliver beck, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

I don't not really catch what LilyPadMc is?
    Could someone clarify this and do a tutorial for me?
    Is it a bukkit plugin?
    Is it a another type of server like Spigot
    Is it available for mac?
    Does it work if you host it with a company?

If someone could explain to me and help me out here
    I currently own a server and would like to rent a second one to connect them. But first I would like to know how to do this

2. Shawshark

Shawshark Active Member Resource Contributor

LilyPad is a cloud server that lets you connect more then 1 server together though a proxy, using the API you can be creative on what you do with your cloud server, currently there is plugins that LilyPad supply for cross server teleportation with Portals and commands. LilyPad is a server you run separate to your minecraft server. If running the Standalone Allinone which i'd recommend you'd run the .jar just the same way you would run a minecraft server. Connecting your server using the Bukkit-Connect plugin from the download center will allow your server(s) to communicate with each other.
    To get your LilyPad server running there should be enough information and documentation at http://www.lilypadmc.org/link-forums/documentation.20/ and the download link for LilyPadmc is at http://www.lilypadmc.org/link-forums/download.17/
  3. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

So If i am running my minecraft server through a company called McProHost
    How should I make the LilyPad server? Would it replace my current minecraft server or is it an add-on?
  4. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You have to buy more hosts.

1. For the Proxy itself (LilyPad)
    2. For the Hub/Lobby server
    3. For a second server ( Can be everything )
  5. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

Oh so just for the lilypad i have to rent another server?
  6. Matt

yes

And add the Lilypad plugin(s) to the other servers
  7. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

How much ram should a lilypad server have?
  8. Matt

I am not sure of that. The only thing i know is:

• It has to be a Dedicated or VPS host
    • You have to connect to the Lilypad host with minecraft
    • If you connect the the Lilypad host, it will redirect you to the hub/lobby server
  9. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

Someone really has to create an in-depth video tutorial about this plugin/server because new members like me won't have a clue
    If someone could provide me with a tutorial it would be great! :)
  10. Matt

11. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

I watched the video, I still do not have a clue of what AllionOne is, how to set this up with a hosting company and how it works...
  12. Matt

You can contact your hosting company or wait until Coelho response
  13. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

I will :) thanks for trying though
  14. Matt

You're welcome! :)
  15. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

You will need to setup LilyPad on your home computer, a VPS, or a dedicated server. At this time, I yet to know any hosting company selling LilyPad instances. From there, you can link minecraft servers that are on a hosting company.

Watch the tutorial. Those minecraft servers on my computer are exactly the same as the ones that would be at your hosting company.
  16. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

I know a massive server by Hypixel that has over 2500 people on. They use Lilypad since i saw it in /plugins. They also use the same company as I do McProHost
    So should I setup lilypad on my computer and then connect with the two servers from the hosting company? Would that work
  17. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Hypixel has dedicated servers and vpses with McProHost, and that is why they are able to use LilyPad.
  18. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

If I buy my server from here? http://mineport.net/index.php/order
    Could I connect that server with my server in McProHosting btw the mcprohosting has a dedicated IP
    I really help with this :/
  19. Robbie5000

Robbie5000 New Member

Ok First off you need to know the three types of servers there is
    1: Shared host- This is where you get one Server usually a MCMYAdmin and FTP. This is setup on a computer with high grade hardware making it a Server machine. The company has multiple servers on this machine that they sell to each client. If you are planning on using LilyPad I would recommend not using this type of Server.
    2: VPS (Virtual Private Server)-This type of server is a little harder to understand but a VPS is a chunk of the main server running an Operating system on it's own. So it's like a computer in the Server. When buying these you should have some more experience in Linux. Because when you buy one the company will ask you what OS you want to run. If you want to run the Windows Server Software you will more then likely have to pay an extra fee (Microsoft wants to suck your money) but if you don't want to go that route you can try a Linux Server software. (I use Ubuntu) note Linux Servers are very different then Windows as it's all run in commands. On VPSes you can set up as many Servers as you want (knowing you have enough Ram) and the server doesn't have to be a minecraft server it could be TF2 or Garry's Mod anything you want.
    3: Dedicated- This is the Big dog. Unlike VPS and shared host you get the entire Server machine for your use. Like the VPS you need to pick a OS setup all the stuff yourself like FTP servers and you need to buy McMyAdmin if you want to have web support.

Hope you learned something new and good luck!
  20. oliver beck

oliver beck Member

I guess I will use BungeeCord instead
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.