1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

I want to switch

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ZehEngineer, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ZehEngineer

ZehEngineer New Member

So I am new to LillyPad but have known about it for a while. I have been using BungeeCord for a couple months now but I'm quite interested in LillyPad. I know that LillyPad is better due to less RAM ussage and be overall better. I do have a few questions.​

• Right now I have my servers in offline mode except for the bungeecord server. Does that change with LillyPad? Do I have to make my servers online again?
    • I have IPWhitelist to make sure that players only connect through the hub. Can I keep using this plugin with LillyPad? When players join the servers do they all have the same IP?
    • Can someone link me to any good tutorials? Possibly some videos? I'm more of a visual learner.
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

To answer your questions:
    You don't have to, but I suggest you do.

It will work fine, as long as everyone is joining through the hub to get to your other servers.

Yeah, there is one good written tutorial which you can find here: http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/setting-up-a-golilypad-server-ssh-centos.380/

And there is a great video tutorial which you can find here: Youtube Tutorial <- Click here
  3. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

@The_Zip, just to rant on your responses;

Turning the servers into offline mode is not necessarily recommended, since it doesn't make a difference. When the LilyPad-Connect plugin is loaded it will automatically switch the server into offline mode.

You can use IP Whitelist if you want to keep it, however the servers are automatically protected from players joining the backend with the LilyPad-Connect plugin.

^ good tutorials though
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Never knew that it turned the server into offline mode, its true that you learn a new thing every day:). And as said above, I suggest you do, personally. You never knew if you will get rid of the hub, and forget to turn it back on.

And, correct me if I am wrong, @ZehEngineer , but by a IP whitelist system, do you mean you want to whitelist your friends using their IP's and not their user names? Thats what I originally thought. But, know remembering bungeecord, there was a plugin where it IP whitelisted the Proxy, because that was the IP players carried with them. If you are using that, as Bobo said, there is no need for it, LilyPad will not let anyone join unless they are joining through the hub.
    • Like Like x 1