1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Please Help Me.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by SkInNyBoNeS321, Feb 1, 2015.

1. SkInNyBoNeS321

SkInNyBoNeS321 New Member

Hi,

I am very confused about updating my Lilypad Server. Right now it is running at 1.7.2 and I would like to run it on 1.8 or even close to 1.8, the only problem is when I delete the craft bukkit 1.7.2 and download craft bukkit 1.8 or even 1.7.10 it doesn't seem to work. I luckily make back ups of the server before I try this. Is there a special way to update the server using Lily-pad? Please help. Thanks.
  2. flamin_scotsman

flamin_scotsman New Member

In what way does it "not work"?

If it still shows "Version outdated" or some other message to that effect, the chances are you need to update your proxy. Remember, to be able to handle players on the 1.8 protocol, proxy has to be able to decode the packets!

If you updated your bukkit-connect, but not your proxy, there was a breaking change with how those two components communicated about 6 months ago.

To sum up: when upgrading your servers, upgrade the rest of your lilypad infrastructure at the same time!

(That's the best I can do with the information you've given me :/)