1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Questions about lilypad

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ltaa09, Sep 2, 2013.

1. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Ok so what im basicly looking for is a plugin that makes it so i can have ONE server but on the server it allows me to have differnt servers on which i can customize plugins like having differnt servers on one server. I dont think that lilypad does this am i correct?
  2. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

If you read very carefully, you will notice LilyPad does make multiple servers instead of a plugin.

Thats what LilyPad is. Make multiple servers. And connect to the proxy so you have access to all the other servers.
  3. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Ok i just want to make sure im correct on this. I can host or go buy ONE server for this and install this plugin to make it so i have multiple servers?
  4. Matt

You need multiple servers.

1 host for the Proxy
    1 for Hub
    1 for game or whatever
    etc..
  5. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Is it possible to do it off of one computer on a home network, say i change the port each server runs off of. And whats a proxy and what is it for?
  6. Matt

Can you explain it in more detail?
  7. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Ok im on a mac on my home network, i want to run my server hub off of my home network until i can afford to pay for more than one server. Is it possible for me to create multiple servers and just go into the server property folder and change what port it runs off of and then port forward more ports on my router/modem.
  8. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Like say for instance i do the main hub like myipaddress:25565 and then say for my factions server use myipaddress:25566 or something simlar and then connect the two using lilypad
  9. Matt

It is possible, You have to connect to the proxy IP. Not the one of the hub.
  10. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

What is a proxy ip?
  11. Matt

myipaddress:25565
  12. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Ohhh so its the hub server is the proxy, that makes sense
  13. Matt

no.

Proxy And hub are not the same. Please read the documents.
  14. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Would you mind linking me to the documents i need to read i see multiple ones for this, i need that and the one to install.
  15. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Ok, im gonna try and do this. What plugins do i need to download? Because im confused on which ones to download, and do i need to follow the linux install guide since im on a mac?
  16. ltaa09

ltaa09 New Member

Ok im following the install process and this is what i get when doing the wget part, -bash: wget: command not found
  17. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

If you are on a mac, I would first recommend getting real hosting :p but the linux install guide would be almost the same except for possible changed commands / uninstalled packages. You would have to look into the differences, such as the wget command not working.
  18. Matt

If you are on Mac, then that command wont work. Just use the regular way.
  19. Luke

Luke New Member

Actually it "will" instead of typing wget use

Code (text):
    curl -O http://ci.lilypadmc.com/job/Server-Standalone-AllInOne/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Server-Standalone-AllInOne.jar