1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Random Disconnects (outBridgeErr)

Discussion in 'Support' started by insanehero, Jan 31, 2015.

1. insanehero

insanehero New Member

Recently I've been noticing mass amount of players being disconnected randomly on my server. So I checked out the Proxy and it show's this https://gist.github.com/anonymous/569ed9994dab5a237f9e
    (IP's blocked out for privacy purposes)

I'm on the latest Lily Proxy/Connect/Bukkit-Connect

Anyone know what could be causing this?
  2. flamin_scotsman

flamin_scotsman New Member

What you are seeing is not in fact "outBridgeErr"'s, but a side effect of how errors are captured and displayed in lilypad (relevant section here).

When an error is caught it displays it in the following format:
    Code (text):
    Proxy server, name: <player name> ip: <player ip> disconnected, err: <connection to player error> outBridgeErr: <connection to server error>
    This means the actual error you are suffering when these players time out is
    Code (text):
    err: read tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:40287: i/o timeout
    As lilypad doesn't record any player rejoins in the log, we can probably assume it was one event that knocked everyone offline. As for the cause, it's just a generic blocking i/o error, so hard to determine the cause.