1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Round Robin DNS and multiple proxies?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by boboman13, Nov 15, 2013.

1. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

Hello there, LP community.
    After a few errors on our proxy, I thought that maybe I should try setting up a round robin DNS and proxy system, like its possible with Bungeecord. However, is it possible with LilyPad? I foresee a problem with the server authentication to the proxy and stuff.
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Hey man,

So it took allot of reading up on, and a few memory sparks coming back. But, it would be a really interesting thing to set up, I have only seen it done with MCSG with Double0negitive. From the few articles that I have read, and the knowledge that I do have(which isn't much of it), I don't see why it couldn't work. I would check it with @Coelho before you start such a project.
  3. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

@The_Zip MCSG has created a round robin system? The plugin system currently only logs in with one proxy and accepts only that proxy's input. However, I think that a rewrite of the entire plugin would be needed to implement this, sadly :(
  4. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Yes, I am pretty sure that they do @boboman13 . Is there a public plugin for this??
  5. Shawshark

Shawshark Active Member Resource Contributor

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Use a LilyPad distributed cloud server.