1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Sell Me

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by 123isme1, Dec 8, 2013.

1. 123isme1

123isme1 New Member

I currently use BungeeCord, what is the difference between BungeeCord and (Go)LilyPad? I have had no issues so far with Bungee. What makes lilypad better than bungee? From the comments, I will decide wether to change to lilypad or stay with bungee.
    Note: The only thing I DON'T like about bungee is it seems to slightly slow down my computer.
  2. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

Well man, one big reason about switching over to LilyPad over BungeeCord is the amount of ram it uses. It takes up a RIDICULOUSLY less amount, and it will be less lag on you, less lag on your players, and will help you out when you want to multi task on your computer. Another thing is that LilyPad in my opinion is allot more stable. Every other update on Bungee spams errors on your console. Other than that, I don't have much to say, but to try it out, you can always switch back, it never hurts.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. 123isme1

123isme1 New Member

I will keep this in mind, thanks!
  4. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

Distributed proxies is built into LilyPad. When distributing, none of your plugins break.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

You host from your computer?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 123isme1

123isme1 New Member

I do when I'm testing things, but I do have a dedicated server
  7. The_Zip

The_Zip Active Member Resource Contributor

So when testing, why can't you just through up a test server, it shouldn't be a problem.
  8. boboman13

Don't base your lag off your own computer, try running it with either one and see what fits you best. Thats my personal opinion - also, try figuring out which one you like using best. If you don't have major memory / processor limitations or you have a major player base, you won't necessarily immediately see the performance increases.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TheShadbusher

TheShadbusher New Member

BungeeCord also requires the linked servers to be in offline mode, while with LilyPad they can be in online mode.
  10. boboman13

Correction: LilyPad is in offline mode. The plugin hooks directly into CraftBukkit and forces it into offline mode, but it gives a security of checking whether or not the user is authenticated in the proxy.
  11. 123isme1

123isme1 New Member

Thank you all for replying, I am going to try lilypad, but it may be a while since I am using my computer to code plugins thanks to sgtcaze ;P. Btw the mobile version of this site is really easy to use!!
    • Like Like x 3