1. Welcome to LilyPad. Download the project, explore the forums, and create your own LilyPad network.

If you use the software and enjoy it or have a question, or would like to contribute to the future of the software directly or through resources, please sign up and join our little community.

Server Questions

Discussion in 'Development' started by chasechocolate, Aug 17, 2013.

1. chasechocolate

chasechocolate New Member

How can I get the server a player is currently on, and also, how can I get players online across all servers? Just starting to use lilyPad in plugins :p
  2. Coelho

Coelho Software Engineer Staff Member Administrator Maintainer

There's a request for this.

and there's a request for this.
  3. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Solved? :p
  4. boboman13

boboman13 Member Contributor

You can probably get players across all servers by bulk-message-sending a request across all servers ("[plugin]-getplayers") then have each server respond with their online player amount (62, for example). Then, the server that you want the total from can tally them all up equally. This would, however, require a 'main' or 'hub' sort of server to work off of - any one of the servers would work, but you would have to choose one. This is the worst and best part of LilyPad in my opinion :p @chasechocolate

You can also get their server by sending a bulk message to all servers, then if the server contains the player, it replies with a player-found sort of message. It wouldn't be too hard, just follow what I said above ^
  5. chasechocolate

chasechocolate New Member

Ok, think I figured 1/2 of it out. I couldn't seem to find a request to get all the servers... @Matt (don't mean to tag, but I see you are online :))
  6. Matt

Matt Forum Moderator & Contributor Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Yeah, i am online o:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. PermissionsEX

PermissionsEX New Member

@boboman13 Could you maybe post the code to get what server they are on? :)
  8. boboman13

@PermissionsEX the code to get a server that the player is on? I did it with my shout plugin but I had each server named in the config.
  9. PermissionsEX

PermissionsEX New Member

Does your shout plugin have a GitHub repo? that I could look at @boboman13
  10. boboman13

@PermissionsEX it isn't on Github at the moment. Do you want to PM instead of spamming this chat? :p
    • Like Like x 1